The Bank for International Settlements is inviting excellent applicants to apply for its Research Fellowship. The funding opportunity is available for international students.
The aim of the award allows prominent scholars to gain an insight into the policymaking environment of the BIS and foster joint research between academics and BIS economists.
A wonderful option to get financial support for study in Switzerland.
User Review( votes)
Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international financial institution owned by central banks that “promotes international monetary and financial cooperation and acts as a bank for central banks”.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the fellowship:
- Candidates should have an outstanding publication record and hold a PhD from a leading university.
- In considering applications, the BIS will pay particular regard to the relevance of the research to current problems in economics and finance.
- While at the BIS, research fellows will be expected to complete one or more research papers of a theoretical or empirical nature for presentation at internal seminars and external conferences and for publication both as a BIS Working Paper and in a leading refereed journal.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via email
- Applications should be submitted in English and must include:
- A one-page summary of the research work that the candidate proposes to carry out at the BIS, specifying the objectives of the work, the methodological, statistical and computing requirements involved, and the approximate time needed to complete the research and prepare submissions. Applications should be sent to bisrf-at-bis.org
- Supporting Documents: Candidates need to submit curriculum vitae, including details of the candidate’s publication record.
- English Language Requirements: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
- Successful candidates will be offered accommodation, reimbursement of travel costs, and a monthly or daily honorarium.