Black UK applicants are invited to apply for a full Black Bristol PGCE Scholarship opportunity in postgraduate research studies in the UK for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship is exclusively offered to black and mixed-black heritage home/UK applicants undertaking a postgraduate program at the University of Bristol. Four scholarships of £5,000 are available towards the cost of a PGCE course.
Black Bristol PGCE Scholarship at University of Bristol, UK
Nice offer to study with funding support.
User Review( votes)
Bristol University is a world-class organization that helps the growth of innovative graduates via research and cultural, social, economic, and environmental movements. It obtained its royal charter in 1909, and its precursor institution, University College, Bristol, had lived since 1876.
Why study at the University of Bristol? Bristol is at the international research by innovating cot death prevention to nanotechnology. It supports worthy causes like gender equality, racism, women’s safety, etc. Bristol aims to equip its students with the knowledge and skills to succeed in their chosen careers in a competitive global market.
Application Deadline: Round one – 17 March 2023, and Round two – 21 August 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Bristol
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: £5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 4
- Nationality: Black UK applicants from the UK
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Home/UK student
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in postgraduate degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have one of the following categories of ethnicity:
- Black African
- Black Caribbean
- Black Other
- Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Other mixed backgrounds (to include Black African, Black Caribbean, or Black Other)
- Hold an offer to study on a PGCE or GITEP program in 2023/24, having been awarded a place following a successful interview;
- are a resident of the United Kingdom;
- are a Home/UK student;
- are eligible for the financial support available from the UK Government (in the form of tuition fee and living costs loans from the Student Loans Company);
- Have applied for or intend to for means-tested support from your regional funding provider (e.g., Student Finance England) and consented to share their household income details with the University.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can start their postgraduate admission application online on the university portal. After that, apply using the online application form for PGCE Scholarships for Black and mixed-Black heritage students.
- Supporting Documents: The candidates are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Two academic references
- Scanned university degree
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the entry requirements to study at the University of Bristol.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- CEFR – B2
- IELTS – 5.5
The University of Bristol will provide four scholarships of £5,000 per year each available in 2023/24. The award will be paid directly to the students in two equal installments.
- £2,500 (October 2023)
- £2,500 (January 2024)