Rochester Institute of Technology is offering a free online course on Best Practices for Project Management Success. In this project management course, you will learn what’s required from an organization for projects to excel.
In this eleven-week course, applicants will learn how to create an organizational environment that supports project success. This course will start on January 16, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 11 weeks
Effort: 8-12 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Rochester Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $150
Session: Course Starts on January 16, 2018
Rochester Institute of Technology is home to leading creators, entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers. Founded in 1829, RIT enrols more than 18,600 students in more than 200 career-oriented and professional programs, making it among the largest private universities in the U.S.
About This Course
Students will learn how to turn project management principles and theory into practice. The course will cover:
- Project management methods and best practices
- Project portfolio management
- The project management office
- Six Sigma
- Corporate culture and organizational behavior
- Project management leadership
Why Take This Course?
This course is part of the RIT Project Management Micro Masters Program that is designed to teach the importance of the organizational and leadership characteristics for the success of projects. In order to qualify for the Micro Masters Credential, you will need to earn a verified certificate in each of the three courses as well as pass a capstone exam.
- How to achieve success in project management
- Best practices in organizational and leadership characteristics
- How to overcome challenges of specific types of projects
Leonie Fernandes PMP
Leonie is an Instructor of Project Management at the School of Individualized Study at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
Successful completion of or understanding of concepts from PM9001x.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)