Kogod School of Business at American University is offering Free Online Course on Business Analytics: the Data Explosion. This course is for anyone with an interest in fraud and data, you don’t need any previous experience.
Course At Glance
User Review( votes)
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: Business Analytics
Institution: Kogod School of Business at American University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Chartered by Congress in 1893, American University has upheld its commitment to educating service-minded students for more than a century.
About This Course
90% of the data in the world today has been created in the last two years. This astonishing increase in data is what’s known as the data, or information, explosion. It has fundamentally transformed every sector of the global economy.
In this course, you will learn about the data explosion and you’ll master the skills to harness big data yourself. You’ll learn how to use data to tell stories and create powerful presentations, using a case study about fraud and fraud detection.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Articulate the developments that have fueled the data explosion
- Describe how data has impacted fraud and fraud detection
- Identify the nature of fraud, its victims and its perpetrators
- Apply knowledge to a hands-on experience by identifying potential fraud and building a data-driven presentation to present your findings
This course is for anyone with an interest in fraud and data, you don’t need any previous experience. It is ideal for anyone considering postgraduate study in the field, such as the online MBA and Masters in Analytics from Kogod.
Professor Jeff Rinehart
Professor Casey Evans
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, the applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).