Taipei Medical University is offering a free online course on Digital Health for Cancer Management: Smart Health Technologies in Complex Diseases. This course has been created for healthcare professionals looking to increase their knowledge of managing cancer.
In this four week course, applicants will learn how new digital health technologies are transforming cancer management with this course for healthcare professionals. This course will start on February 10, 2020.
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: Digital Health for Cancer Management: Smart Health Technologies in Complex Diseases
Institution: Taipei Medical University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on February 10, 2020
Taipei Medical University (TMU) has been a leader in Taiwan’s healthcare system for over half a century due to its research, teaching excellence, internationalization and outstanding medical service.
About This Course
This course you will explore and discuss how new digital health technologies, like wearables, social media and home sensors, are starting to transform the management of cancer.
Why Take This Course?
Recent advances in cancer treatment and management have lead to people with cancer living longer than ever before, now healthcare must begin to consider how to help people with cancer live healthily.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Identify the real problems encountered by patients with cancer.
- Explore new technologies for the management of patients living with cancer.
- Evaluate devices, clinical trials or qualitative studies in digital health for cancer.
- Engage better digital health innovations.
This course has been created for healthcare professionals looking to increase their knowledge of managing cancer.
Dr.Shabbir Syed-Abdul is an assistant professor of Health informatics at Graduate Institute of Biomedical Informatics, College of Medical Science and Technology, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan.
Luis Fernandez-Luque PhD
Luis Fernandez-Luque has been involved in eHealth and Medical Informatics research for over 10 years. He has many publications and is chairman of the IMIA Social Media WG. He works at
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof oflearning on the course topic(s)).