The University of Edinburgh is offering a free online course on Introduction to Marketing: Tools to Set Enterprises Apart. This course is intended for those who want to learn practical marketing strategies and tools that enable enterprises to stand out in a competitive marketplace.
This business and management course will help you understand the role of marketing and introduce you to the latest tools to help create value and competitive advantage for an enterprise. The course will start on January 14, 2020.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours/week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: University of Edinburgh and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Verified Certificate for $49 USD
Session: The course will start on January 14, 2020
Delivering excellence in teaching and learning. Consistently ranked as one of the world’s top 50 universities and top 3 UK provider of online Masters courses. The University of Edinburgh offers over 700 diverse degree programmes with over 31,000 students currently studying with us from across the world.
About This Course
Want to learn how successful businesses use marketing to increase revenue, share and profitability?
In an increasingly competitive market, marketing skills are vital to help organizations stand out, win customers, build loyalty and sustain long-term impact and returns.
This business and management course will help you understand the role of marketing and introduce you to the latest tools to help create value and competitive advantage for an enterprise. In an exciting age where innovation and new business models are required to stay ahead of competitors, we explore how new players in a market can achieve impact through marketing, providing you with unique insight to even apply within your own business venture.
Learn how to build a compelling value proposition, establish a presence in a market, and compete effectively against rivals. Learn how marketers use segmentation, targeting, positioning, branding, design, pricing, channels and integrated marketing communications to win against competitors, attract customers and build brand loyalty.
No previous knowledge of marketing is needed. All you need is an open mind and the ability to think creatively.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- How marketing creates value
- How marketing can influence perceptions, purchasing and loyalty
- How segmentation, targeting and positioning can lead to more effective and profitable marketing
- How successful brands are developed and sustained
- How design, pricing, distribution, communication, people, process and physical evidence can be used to build compelling and profitable marketing strategies
- How to develop digital marketing strategies, particularly through gamification
Week 1 – Role of Marketing
Week 2 – Consumers and Consumption
Week 3 – Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
Week 4 – Designing Products and Services
Week 5 – Pricing and Channels
Week 6 – Communicating and Engaging
Malcolm Kirkup is Professorial Director of MBA Programmes and Educational Innovation at the University of Edinburgh Business School.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once you sign up for a course and activate your account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in your email address and edX password. This will take you to your dashboard, with access to each of your active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on your dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)