Up to Four MRes + PhD Studentships within the British Heart Foundation Centre of Research Excellence is now available at King’s College London in the UK. Home/EU and International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
The programme aims to impart a broad understanding of the fundamental biology of the cardiovascular system, the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying disorders of this system, and multi-disciplinary approaches towards the development of novel interventions for the amelioration of such disorders.
User Review( votes)
King’s College London is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom, and a founding constituent college of the federal University of London.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Applications Deadline: October 26, 2018
- Course Level: Studentships are available to study PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded to an outstanding environment for cardiovascular research training. It includes a large number of internationally rated investigators whose expertise encompasses a broad range of cardiac and vascular biomedicine.
- Scholarship Award: The studentships provide a generous stipend (currently £22,278 in Year 1 for London-based students) and cover full-time tuition fee cost at the Home/EU rate. Exceptional candidates who qualify as International Students will be considered, if in possession of documented support to cover the tuition fee, the differential between the Home/EU and International rates (estimated in the region of £17,000 per annum).
- Nationality: Home/EU and International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
- Number of Scholarships: The foundation has four studentships available on our prestigious 4-year MRes+PhD programme commencing 2019-20.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Home/EU and International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must possess, or be expected to achieve, a 1st or good upper 2nd class degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject. Where applicants have (or expect to obtain) an MSc degree, a distinction or merit is required.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To apply, please visit the King’s Apply website at https://myapplication.kcl.ac.uk/ and follow the steps outlined below – PLEASE NOTE that applications can only be submitted online at the King’s Apply website after 1 October 2018:
- Register a new account and login
- Open a new application
- Select the programme:
- Select ‘Taught programmes’
- Enter ‘Cardio’, then Search
- Select:‘Cardiovascular Sciences MRes/PhD 1+3 (Full-Time)’. Your application cannot be considered if submitted under the incorrect programme.
- Complete and submit your application noting the following:
- Supporting Statement – ensure you include a personal statement (but NOT a research proposal) and either copy this into the pre-defined box or upload to the website.
- References – these do not need to be received by the closing date; however, they will be required by the interview date, if you are invited.
- Funding – select drop-down ‘4. Grant Awarding Body’. There is no need to select a research council where prompted. For the award status, select ‘Advertised Scholarship’ and in the box marked ‘Ref No.:’, please enter: ‘BHF4YR18’.