Having a passion for learning is important for completing dreams. If you also have that, then Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships program is a wonderful opportunity for helping you in reaching your goals.
The educational award is open for Canadian citizens to pursue an internship program in a Latin American country. Similarly, it is available for Latin American candidates to undertake a master or PhD program at a Canadian university.
Excellent program for Canadian and Latin American students
User Review( votes)
The QES program is established in helping to grow young Canadians into global citizens while promoting Canada as a destination for the world’s top talent and attracting top talent and international research leaders to Canada.
Why at this educational program? This educational award is giving participants an opportunity to pursue higher education and an internship program at a reputable institute or university with a good amount of funding.
- University or Organization: Queen Elizabeth Scholars
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Internship and Graduate degree
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Application Deadline: November 4, 2019
- Language: English and French
- Eligible Countries:Candidates from Canada and Latin American countries (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, and Turks and Caicos) are eligible to apply
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program is divided into two section-
- Section 1- Canadian participants to pursue an internship program in a Latin American country
- Section 2- International Caribbean or Latin America students to study or conduct research at a Canadian university
- Admissible Criteria: The criteria is as follows-
- For Canadian Candidates: Interns must be 35 years of age or under at the time of their application for an internship.
- Under exceptional circumstances, a request for exemption to this rule may be considered Interns must be registered at a provincially recognized, degree-granting Canadian university when applying for the internship
- Interns must be entering or enrolled in their third or fourth year of undergraduate level studies, or be enrolled in a graduate program
- Interns should be able to communicate in at least one of the languages of work used by the partner organization and
- Interns must participate in community engagement activities during the tenure of the award.
- For Latin American Students: Scholars must be 35 years of age or under a time of application. Under exceptional circumstances, a request for exemption to this rule may be considered
- Scholars must participate in community engagement activities while in Canada.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates are requested to take admission in a master or a PhD degree program at a Canadian university.
- After that, follow the steps in order to apply to the grant-
- Open the online application portal
- Create an account
- Fill out the online application form
- submit the budget form
- Upload the Indication of University support from
- Attach the letters of support from the partner organization and submit the application
- Language Requirement: Candidates need to show their language proficiency either in English or French.
QES will contribute up to $6,000 for three to six-month internships and up to $8,000 for seven to twelve-month internships for Canadian students. Other participants are suggested to check their funding amount in Annex C and Annex D.