The Brazilian research funding organization Capes (Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior) and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation are offering the Capes-Humboldt Research Fellowships at the Free University of Berlin for the academic year 2023-2024.
The fellowship is open to support international students who are residing in Brazil. The applicants must have lived outside of Germany and have earned a doctorate degree in Brazil. Good knowledge of German or English is also necessary. The fellowship winners will be guaranteed research sponsorship which will also include a monthly allowance of €2,600 to €3,100.
A valuable offer for international applicants to study in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The Free University of Berlin, founded in 1948 with ‘Truth, Justice, Liberty as its motto, is a public research university in Berlin, Germany. Consistently ranked among Germany’s best universities, it is also recognized as a leading university in international university rankings, being positioned 118th in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the Free University of Berlin? The Free University of Berlin is a university dedicated to outstanding research. It takes immense efforts to integrate teaching and research and is a commitment to excellence that forms the foundation for its ambitious standards, set the bar high for itself and for other universities. The university also has a lively campus that fosters communication among its members.
Application Deadline: Candidates will not be able to submit applications after 31st May 2023.
- University or Organization: Free University of Berlin
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €3,100
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from Brazil
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral level study can be undertaken at the Free University of Berlin.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be Brazilian and beginning their academic career.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The candidates must submit their admission application through the university portal. Fellowship application must be submitted on the website of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Curriculum vitae (two pages max)
- Research outline (five pages max)
- Complete list of your publications (cf. sample list of publications)
- List of selected key publications (cf. sample list of key publications)
- Key publications
- Doctoral certificate
- German language certificate, if required.
- Publisher’s acceptance notifications and/or acknowledgement of receipt and summaries/translations of key publications that are not available in English
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have earned a Doctorate in Brazil or abroad with an official revalidation in Brazil completed less than four (4) years prior to the date of application.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 100
- IELTS – 6.5
- Good knowledge of German
The Free University of Berlin will be awarding the selected candidates a monthly fellowship amount of€2,600 to €3,100, €2,600 to €3,100, depending on experience, for 6 to 18 months.