The Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) is pleased to announce CARTA Postdoctoral Fellowships for African Students, 2019.
The purpose of the fellowship is for the Post-Doc fellow to gain specific skills, expand their networks and work in a research-active environment where they will engage with role models, receive strong mentorship and learn the demands of the community and public engagement.
Nice offer for students to get a chance to study in Kenya with financial assistance.
User Review( votes)
The postdoctoral fellowship award will be up to a maximum of US$ 48,000 and will include travel costs, a monthly stipend of US$3,000 and funds for the formation of new research collaborations and partnerships, development of pilot projects, training opportunities on specific research skills and attendance of an international conference.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing a postdoctoral programme at any African CARTA partner institution or associated research institutes, including INDEPTH Network Centres.
Study Subject: Applicants’ research proposal must be related to public and population health.
Scholarship Award: The postdoctoral fellowship award will be up to a maximum of US$ 48,000 and will include travel costs, a monthly stipend of US$3,000 and funds for the formation of new research collaborations and partnerships, development of pilot projects, training opportunities on specific research skills and attendance of an international conference. Due to the short-term nature of the postdoctoral research fellowship program, the fellowships will not cover accompanying dependents.
Scholarship can be taken at Africa
Applicants must be PhD graduates of the CARTA program. They must demonstrate a strong commitment to research capacity building at their institution as well as a potential for research leadership.
Nationality: African applicants can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be Ph.D. graduates of the CARTA program.
- Test Requirement: No
- English Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to apply: Applicants must contact the CARTA Secretariat to get the application form. Applicants must submit the following documents to the CARTA Secretariat ([email protected]), and copy the same to their focal person(s):
- A completed application form.
- An updated CV, showing publications and awards.
- A statement from the current employer indicating the willingness to release and readmit the applicant at the end of the postdoctoral training period
- Letters of support, from:
- a senior academician, from your home institution, who understands your research and potential;
- your Head of Department or Dean;
- the prospective host institution indicating:
- its willingness to host the applicant; and
- The name of the proposed mentor.
- Your proposed mentor (including his/her CV) from the host institution(s).
- E-copies of your most significant publications over the last three years
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15th September 2019