Applications are invited for CCRIF Postgraduate Scholarships to citizens of CARICOM member countries and/or CCRIF member countries in the Caribbean.
CCRIF SPC is a risk-pooling company, owned, operated, and registered in the Caribbean to serve governments in the Wider Caribbean Region and their communities in reducing the economic impact of natural catastrophes.
Marvelous opportunity for CCRIF Postgraduate Scholarships
User Review( votes)
CCRIF SPC is a separate portfolio company, which is owned, operated, and registered in the Caribbean. It is the world’s first regional fund, where parametric insurance is used so that member governments have the unique opportunity to buy coverage with the lowest possible value for earthquake, storms and more destruction of rain.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted using the online application form no later than June 1, 2022.
- The criteria are open to CARICOM nationals as well as nationals of the 16 member countries of CCRIF pursuing a course of post-graduate study in any one of the following four programmes:
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Mona for a Masters degree in Natural Resource Management (Option – Disaster Management)
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Cave Hill for a Masters degree in Natural Resource and Environmental Management, Faculty of Engineering at St. Augustine for a Masters degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Social Sciences at Cave Hill for a Masters degree in Building and Construction Management
- Applicants should be holders of a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degree or have a GPA of at least 3.0. The programs will be awarded to students who have demonstrated exceptional performance in academic achievement, and preference may be given to involvement in the field of disaster management or sustainable development in the Caribbean and a record of University community service achievements as well as broader community involvement.
- CARICOM member countries and/or CCRIF member countries in the Caribbean (Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago and Turks & Caicos Islands) can apply.
How to Apply
To apply, visit the scholarship section on your campus website to obtain the application form then submit it along with the other relevant documents to the Office of Student Financing.
Submit along with the other relevant documents to the
- Office of Graduate Studies and Research at the Cave Hill, Mona, St. Augustine, Campuses or the School for Graduate Studies and Research at the Regional Headquarters, Hermitage Road, Kingston 7, Jamaica W.I., OR
- You can also email a copy of the application with all the relevant documents to sgsr-at-uwimona.edu.jm under subject CCRIF Graduates while we await the original documentation.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants should be holders of a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or have a GPA of at least 3.0).
- English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Benefits: Awards of US$4,000 per year value will be awarded.