Applicants are invited to apply for the CCRIF Scholarships for citizens of CARICOM member countries and/or CCRIF member countries in the Caribbean. CCRIF provides a maximum of four scholarships annually for students pursuing a masters or an MBA programme at universities in the UK, USA and Canada and at eligible universities in the Caribbean, other than the University of the West Indies (UWI).
CCRIF SPC (formerly the Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility) is a risk pooling company, owned, operated and registered in the Caribbean to serve governments in the Wider Caribbean Region and their communities in reducing the economic impact of natural catastrophes.
A fine program for applicants.
User Review( votes)
Through the CCRIF programme of the CCRIF Technical Assistance Programme, the facility provides scholarships to students at the post-graduate level to pursue study in areas related to disaster risk management.
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing a masters or an MBA programme at eligible regional universities or at universities in the United Kingdom/ United States/Canada and at eligible universities in the Caribbean other than the University of the West Indies (UWI).
- Study Subject(s): The studentships are awarded in the areas related to disaster risk management.
- List of Subjects: (Catastrophe) Risk Management; Property/Casualty Insurance; Meteorology and another hazard/disaster-related disciplines.
- Number of Awards: Four financial aid positions will be offered.
- The award can be taken in UK/ USA/Canada and the Caribbean
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity
- Applications for the 2017 CCRIF The studentships are hereby invited from individuals who are citizens of CARICOM member countries and/or CCRIF member countries in the Caribbean.
- Eligible programmes include one-year Masters-level courses in the following areas which are available at eligible regional universities (eligible regional universities are accredited universities in any CARICOM member country or CCRIF member country) or at universities in the United Kingdom/ United States/Canada: (Catastrophe) Risk Management; Property/Casualty Insurance; Meteorology and another hazard/disaster-related disciplines.
- Eligible programmes also include an MBA with a Major in risk management and/or insurance or a related field.
- Online programmes available through eligible regional universities or at universities in the United Kingdom/ United States/Canada are also eligible for these endowments.
- Applicants should be holders of a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or have a GPA of at least 3.0) and have some related work experience.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted via the CCRIF online programme platform.
All applicants must submit:
- A complete application form.
- A curriculum vitae.
- Letter of intent explaining reasons for applying and how the course of study will contribute to reducing vulnerabilities to hazards in Caribbean countries and building the capacity of their countries in disaster risk management. Reference to CCRIF-related activities is relevant. The letter should also indicate long term career goals as well as any other relevant information the Committee can consider in awarding the program.
- Two reports from academic referees attesting to the applicants’ academic ability and potential.
- A professional reference from a current employer explaining how the nominee and the home institution will benefit from this new knowledge and expertise and indicating that the employer is willing to facilitate the bonding of the student to the national government upon completion of the degree programme.
- Certified copy of first degree.
- Letter of admission to a programme in a Caribbean country (other than UWI) or the United Kingdom/United States/Canada in any of the identified eligible fields.
- Details from the university at the cost of the programme.
- Proof of citizenship (copy of passport or national identity document with valid dates).
- Passport-sized photograph.
The bursaries are valued at a maximum of US$40,000 each (for extra-regional universities) or $20,000 (for regional universities) and are specifically for those applicants who would have gained admission to a Masters level programme or an MBA programme.
Application Deadline: June 9, 2019