Applications are invited for Prince Bernhard Scholarships for Researchers from Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, or Latin America for the year 2018. The programme has also been financially supported by the University of Utrecht and CEDLA.
The grants aim to support innovative research carried out in the fields of economic, political, or cultural relations between the Netherlands/Europe and Latin America.
User Review( votes)
Since its creation in 1964, the Centre for Latin American Research and Documentation (CEDLA), hosted by the University of Amsterdam, has promoted Latin American Studies in the Netherlands, Europe and beyond. This is done by conducting and stimulating relevant and original research on developments in Latin America and distributing the results of this research via academic education and publications. CEDLA’s library is considered Europe’s second largest collection of material on Latin America. Since July 2015, CEDLA is part of the Faculty of the Humanities of the University of Amsterdam.
- Applications Deadline: October 19, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: At least one of the financial aid positions will be awarded to a research proposal in the field of sustainability. The proposed sustainability research project should be related to social, legal, economic or environmental aspects of the following topics:
- Climate change
- Biological mechanisms and changes
- Energy for sustainable development
- Land use dynamics and land use planning
- Ecosystem services and biodiversity conservation
- Scholarship Award: Each year two scholarships of 5,000 euros are awarded to promising young researchers from the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, or Latin America.
- Nationality: Researchers from the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, or Latin America.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Researchers from Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, or Latin America.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Excellent PhD Students and graduate students (intending to do a PhD) from
The Netherlands, Spain, Portugal and Latin America are invited to submit an application.
Requirements for Eligibility
• Candidates must submit a research proposal for a three-month research project that makes a valuable contribution to the international economic, political, or cultural relations between the Netherlands/Europe and Latin America.
English Language Requirements: Candidates are supposed to master either the Spanish or Portuguese language, as they will have to present their research proposal in Spanish or Portuguese during the ceremony for the award of The grants.
How to Apply: The application should include:
• A research proposal in English. Besides an outline of the project, the research proposal itself (max. 4,000 words) should include a clear description of the intended method, a short bibliography, an estimation of the costs to be incurred and the expected results.
• Letter of recommendation by a professor, or senior researcher.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail before 19 October 2018 to the following address: secretariat-at-cedla.nl.