Want to grow your career with a PhD scholarship? Good News! The Centre for Development Research is offering DAAD merit awards for students from Sub-Sahara Africa.
The program is open for the brilliant PhD students, who have been an academic discipline which is related to development or public administration at the University of the Western Cape in Cape Town.
Excellent opportunity for students from Sub-Sahara Africa
User Review( vote)
Established in 1971, The Centre for Development Studies is a social science research institution. It promotes research, teaching, and training in disciplines relevant to development. It has instituted endowment units for research in selected areas at CDS.
Why should apply to this program? While studying this course, candidates can be focused on the planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling of government actions. They can also develop leadership and management skills.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2019
- Eligible Countries: Aspirants from Sub-Sahara Africa
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD in Development Studies, Public Policy or Public Administration.
- Admissible Criteria: The applicant must have been completed at an internationally recognized university, have achieved at least an average of 70% in previous postgraduate studies at the Masters or equivalent level. They should preferably have been involved in development organizations, as interns, volunteers or employees.
- Seekers should apply within three years of completing their previous degree unless they have a good reason for having been academically inactive for a period. Women and South African students can also apply. They must be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the required period.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To take part in this program, aspirants are required to be enrolled in a PhD degree program at the university. After taking confirmation, claimants can access the online application form here.
- Supporting Documents: You need to provide the letter of application, motivating why you are applying for the opportunity , copy of your passport, CV, academic transcript, certified copies of all academic certificates, one academic reference letter, research proposal of your PhD project, a certified copy of your identification document, a certified copy of your matric certificate.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, claimants must have to hold the certificates of bachelor degree and masters degree in the relevant subject area.
- Language Requirement: Seekers are needed to provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. It may be a TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution.
Benefits: The successful scholar will get the educational support for study at the University of the Western Cape in Cape Town.