Applications are invited for two months CERN summer student programme to work on advanced IT projects. Applicants must be a Bachelor or Master student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics (with a strong computing profile).
During two full months corresponding to nine weeks the CERN Openlab summer students will be given a series of IT lectures specially prepared for them by experts at CERN and other institutes. A report on the work project carried out is to be handed in at the end of the stay.
A fine internship for applicants
User Review( votes)
Field of Internship: Students will work on advanced IT projects.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: CERN and the CERN open lab
Internship can be taken in Switzerland
- You must be a Bachelor or Master student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics (with a strong computing profile)
- You have completed, by summer 2018, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate during summer 2018, you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User…) for more than 3 months and you have not been a CERN summer student in the past.
- A good knowledge of English is mandatory; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Internship Open for International Students: International Students are eligible to apply for this CERN summer student programme.
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme:
- An allowance of 90 CHF per day during your contractual dates
- Travel allowance (on a lump sum basis)
- Assistance to find accommodation on the CERN site or nearby
- Health insurance scheme during the duration of your contract
- 9 weeks of stay – 40h/week
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: During two full months corresponding to nine weeks (June-August 2018).
Notification: The results of the selection procedure will be made available to the students by mid-April 2018.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
- Proof of enrolment at a university for the current year
- Report on Candidate: Once your application has been submitted you will receive a confirmation e-mail which contains a link to this report which has to be forwarded to at least one referee (preferably a professor). In order to be considered, at least one new report must reach us before the deadline. The report on the candidate needs to be less than 6 months old at the deadline.
Internship Application Deadline: January 31, 2019