Applications are invited for two months CERN summer student programme to work on advanced IT projects. Applicants must be a Bachelor or Master student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics (with a strong computing profile).
During two full months corresponding to nine weeks (June-August 2018), the CERN openlab summer students will be given a series of IT lectures especially prepared for them by experts at CERN and other institutes. A report on the work project carried out is to be handed in at the end of the stay. The application deadline is February 19, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Field of Internship: Students will work on advanced IT projects.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: CERN and the CERN open lab
Internship can be taken in Switzerland
- You must be a Bachelor or Master student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics (with a strong computing profile)
- You have completed, by summer 2018, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate during summer 2018, you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User…) for more than 3 months and you have not been a CERN summer student in the past.
- A good knowledge of English is mandatory; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Internship Open for International Students: International Students are eligible to apply for this CERN summer student programme.
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme:
- An allowance of 90 CHF per day during your contractual dates
- Travel allowance (on a lump sum basis)
- Assistance to find accommodation on the CERN site or nearby
- Health insurance scheme during the duration of your contract
- 9 weeks of stay – 40h/week
Internship Description: Are you a B.Sc. or M.Sc. student (who will have completed at least three years of full-time studies at university level by next spring) in Computer Science or Mathematics, Engineering or Physics with a strong computing profile? Would you be interested in working on an advanced IT project for two full months during the summer? If so, you should apply to the CERN openlab Summer Student Programme!
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: During two full months corresponding to nine weeks (June-August 2018).
Notification: The results of the selection procedure will be made available to the students by mid-April 2018.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Proof of enrolment at a university for the current year
- Report on Candidate: Once your application has been submitted you will receive a confirmation e-mail which contains a link to this report which has to be forwarded to at least one referee (preferably a professor). In order to be considered, at least one new report must reach us before the deadline. The report on candidate needs to be less than 6 months old at the deadline.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is February 19, 2018.