China Scholarship Council (on behalf of the Chinese Ministry of Education) and the University of Oxford offer scholarships for Chinese students.
These are available for pursuing full-time DPhil courses at the University of Oxford. This scheme aims to provide Chinese pupils who demonstrate academic excellence and leadership potential with the opportunity to study for a DPhil at the University of Oxford.
Wonderful Scholarships for Chinese in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Oxford is a world-leading center of learning, teaching, and research, and is the oldest university in the English-speaking world. Oxford offers more than 350 different graduate degree programs.
Why at the University of Oxford- Oxford is almost unique throughout the world in its ability to combine the benefits of its great history and tradition with the innovative and foregoing approach of the modern university. It has an outstanding global reputation for its teaching, research, and contributions to society.
- You should be applying to start a new DPhil course at Oxford. Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course.
- Programs are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the University of Oxford.
- Programs are available for pursuing full-time DPhil courses at the University of Oxford.
- You must be a Chinese national, ordinarily resident in the mainland Peoples’ Republic of China (i.e. not Hong Kong or Macao). You should be intending to return to China once your course is completed.
- Awards will be awarded on the basis of academic merit; potential to become a leader in your field, and potential to become a decision-maker and opinion formers within China.
- This is not open to candidates applying for Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma courses, part-time courses, non-matriculated courses or to pupils with deferred entry.
- The candidates of China can apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: –In order to be considered for this free study, you must submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course (10 January 2014 for Medical Sciences, Philosophy, Politics & International Relations and Computer Science; 24 January 2014 for all other subjects). You must apply separately to the China Council (CSC) for this study.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, learners must be ready to submit the Statement of purpose and research proposal, Official transcript, Written work, Portfolio, English language test score certificate.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: For this free study, All non-native English-speaking offer holders need to meet the requirements described as proof of English language proficiency.
- 100% of university and college fees, a grant for living costs (sufficient to cover your living costs in Oxford, at a rate to be confirmed in October on our Living Costs webpage) and one return airfare (China-UK-China).
- Awards are made for the full duration of a holder’s fee liability for the agreed course. The continuation of your award each year is subject to an annual renewal process based upon satisfactory academic progress.
Application Deadline: Closed