2009 Autumn Semester Government funding for Master and Doctoral Degree Programs in English for International Students
I. Number of scholarship available: 10
User Review( votes)
II. Details of the Scholarship
Chinese government award scheme is established to provide full scholarship to international students. Ocean University of China (hereinafter referred to as the University or OUC) is authorized to administer the recruitment of the international government award students who will study in the University.
The scholarship durations are 2-3 years for master degree student and 3-4 years for doctor degree students beginning in the September of 2009 and ending in the July.
The Scholarship includes:
1. Tuition fee
2. Accommodation on campus (Note: water and electricity fee should be afforded by the student him/herself)
3. Monthly Living allowance:
– Master degree students, scholars: CNY 1,700 Yuan per month;
– Doctoral degree students, scholars: CNY 2,000 Yuan per month;
4. Medical insurance based on the stipulated insurance articles;
III. Doctoral & Master degree programs
1. Programs for PhD/Doctoral degree program
– All the available Ph. D supervisors can be found in File 1.
2. Programs for M.sc
– Marine Science (For detailed curriculum, please refer to File 2).
3. Programs for MA in Chinese
Four programs are available for master applicants:
– Chinese Philology
– Chinese Literature History
– Modern and Contemporary Chinese literature
– Historical Geography
For the detailed curriculum, please refer to File 3.
4. MBA Program in English
– Study Duration?From two years to Three years
– Main Courses include Accounting, Applied Statistics, Management Economics, Organizational Behavior, Management Information System, Marketing, Operation Management, Financial Management, Strategic Management, Business Negotiation, Human Resource Management, Series of Guest Lecture, Logistics Management &Supply Chain Management, Finance, etc.
For detailed curriculum, please refer to http://www.ouc.edu.cn/ziliao/Government_Scholarship_for_MBA_in_English.htm
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
– Applicants for master degree studies must have bachelor‡s degree and be under the age of 35.
– Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master‡s degree and be under the age of 40.
V. Application Materials
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in triplicate, one original and two copies).
1. Application Form for Chinese government award (printed by CSC, please refer to File 4), one original and two photocopies, in Chinese or in English. Please read carefully the important notes on the last page before filling out the form. Please complete the form in Chinese or English. If the form is not filled in on PC, please write legibly in black or blue ink. Please indicate with ‘X‡ in the blank chosen. Any forms that do not follow the notes will be invalid.
2. Notarized Copy of bachelor‡s degree/master‡s degree (applying doctoral degree program). If applicants are university students or already employed, they should also provide relevant documents to prove. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
3. Original transcript (or a notarized copy) .Applicants for Master degree program or Doctoral degree program need to provide Original transcripts (stamped by the university). Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words/ 2 pages, very important).
5. Two letters of recommendation .Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors (very important).
6. CV. The CV is to introduce your education background, your experience or your publication in relative research field done before.
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months, please refer to File 5) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination. The original Foreigner Physical Examination Form will be certified by the local authorities. In the case of failure to pass certification, a new physical examination must be done at the stipulated hospitals.
8. Three photocopies of a COMMON passport (no diplomatic or service passport)
Note: Black ink pen or gel pen shall be used to fill all the forms. If any question in preparing the documents, please contact the admission office.
VI. Application Deadline
The above-mentioned materials should directly reach Ocean University of China by May 31th, 2009. Individual applications will not be accepted by CSC.
VII. Contact Information
OCEANUNIVERSITY OF CHINA
Address: No. 23 Eastern Hong Kong Road, Qingdao 266071, P. R. China
Telephone: 0086-532-85901555 (English) & 0086-532-85901666
E-mail: iec-at-mail.ouc.edu.cn & iec-at-public.qd.sd.cn