The new 2021-2020“ Chinese government award-Silk Road Program” of Tianjin University is now available for citizens of countries along the Belt and Road.
This scholarship program is provided to China’s high-level universities for recruiting the outstanding young students from “Belt and Road” countries to pursue degrees in China.
Tianjin University School of International Education was established in January 2000, it is one of the secondary schools of Tianjin University. The school of International Educational takes enrollment, teaching administration, and social administration and services functions of international students at Tianjin University for its main task, and also undertakes the Chinese language teaching for international students.
Applicants who want to join in the programs taught in English must submit the certificate of TOEFL (Score 80 or above), or IELTS (Score 6.0 or above) (Not required for native English speakers); Applicants who don’t have one should submit an English Level Certificate or a self-introduction video which should be recorded in English for 3-5 minutes in duration.
- Applications Deadline: 1st Round: Oct 25, 2021-Dec 25, 2021, 2nd Round: Jan 15, 2020-Mar 15, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue Bachelor, Master and PhD programs.
- Study Subject:
- For Bachelor Programs taught in Chinese, please click;
- For Master Programs taught in Chinese, please click;
- For Master Programs taught in English, please click;
- For PhD Programs, please click.
- Tuition waiver and accommodation on campus;
- Monthly Living Allowance:
- 2,500 RMB/month for Bachelor students;
- 3,000 RMB/month for Master students;
- 3,500 RMB/month for PhD students;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
- Nationality: Applicants must be a citizen of countries along the Belt and Road.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- The award can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Applicants must be a citizen of countries along the Belt and Road.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants can apply from November 20, 2018, to March 10, 2021. All written application materials should be submitted to the School of International Education (hereinafter referred to as SIE), Tianjin University before March 10, 2021.
- Applicants must be a citizen of countries along the Belt and Road, and be in good health;
- Requirements for applicants’ degree and age:
The applicant applying for a Bachelor degree should hold a high school diploma and be under the age of 25;
The applicant applying for a Master degree should hold a Bachelor diploma and be under the age of 35;
The applicant applying for a PhD degree should hold a Master diploma and be under the age of 40.
English Language Requirements: Applicants who want to join in the programs taught in English must submit the certificate of TOEFL (Score 80 or above), or IELTS (Score 6.0 or above) (Not required for native English speakers); Applicants who don’t have one should submit an English Level Certificate or a self-introduction video which should be recorded in English for 3-5 minutes in duration.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following application materials (in duplicate):
- Application Form for Chinese government award Program(one original & one copy)
Please complete the online application procedures at Chinese government award Information System (website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese government award in Chinese or English, and print hard copies with photos of you.
Please note that: The Agency Number for Tianjin University is 10056;
Choose Program Category Type B.
- Original Notarized certificate of the Highest Diploma
If applicants are university students or are already employed, they should provide the pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English? one original & one copy?;
- Original Notarized certificate of the Academic Transcripts:
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English? one original & one copy?;
- A Study or Research Plan (For Master & PhD Applicants)
All applicants must submit a study or research plan for the study in China, with no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.;
- Two Recommendation Letters(For Master & PhD Applicants) (please click 1 or 2)
An applicant applying for a Master degree needs to provide two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in Chinese or English;
Applicant applying for a PhD degree needs to provide two recommendation letters by professors in Chinese or English.
- Photocopy of Passport;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form(please click)
Applicant should fill the form in English and submit the copy (the original copy should be kept by the applicant).
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to complete the physical examination as the examination reports have 6-month validity;
- The form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by TJU Professor
Applicant should contact the TJU professors to finish the acceptance form;
Not necessary to provide. If you cannot get an acceptance on your own, admission office of TJU will deliver application materials to the college to find a supervisor for you.?
- Language Proficiency Certificate
The applicant applying for programs taught in Chinese needs to submit HSK certificate. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 180 or above) for Engineering/Science or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for liberal arts is needed. The applicant who has not met the requirement of Chinese proficiency level should take Chinese language courses for one year (fees covered by Chinese government award), and start major studies when achieving the required HSK certificate;
The applicant applying for programs taught in English needs to submit English proficiency certificate (TOFEL, IELTS, or English Instruction Certificate). TOFEL: no less than 550, New TOFEL: no less than 75, IELTS: no less than 6.0;
- Self-introduction Video
Applicant needs to submit a 5-minute self-introduction video in Chinese or English (recorded in a USB);
- An applicant for art studies is required to submit two sketchesof the applicant’s own works.