The CIMI LabEx (International Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science) in Toulouse offers six postdoctoral fellowships for French and foreign students. Fellowships are provided in the field of mathematics or computer science at Mathematics Institute of Toulouse (IMT) and the Institute for Research in Computer Science of Toulouse (IRIT).
The goal of CIMI is to establish itself as a leading international centre in mathematics, computer science, and their interactions. This original combination within a single structure goes beyond the current conventional collaborations and creates a real synergy suitable for achieving global excellence in research and in exploring innovative research areas.
User Review( votes)
CIMI is a unique place for research in mathematics and computer science attracting high-level scientists and students.
- Applications Deadline: 3 February 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are awarded for pursuing Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are provided in the field of mathematics or computer science at Mathematics Institute of Toulouse (IMT) and the Institute for Research in Computer Science of Toulouse (IRIT).
- Award: Each post-doctoral fellow will receive a net salary of €2,330 per month and thus benefit from health insurance and social coverage.
(S)he will participate in the scientific activities of the laboratory, in particular to seminars and working groups.
At the end of his/her tenure, each of the selected candidates will write a report on his /her scientific accomplishment, comparing it to his/her initial project and describing his/her subsequent objectives. For the two-year positions, the concerned candidate will also write a report at the end of the first year and explain the reasons for the renewal of his/her contract.
- Nationality: French and foreign researchers are eligible to apply for these Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: French and foreign researchers are eligible to apply for these Postdoctoral Fellowships.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these fellowships:
- Positions are open to holders of a doctorate in mathematics or computer science obtained by 30th of September 2017 at the latest either in France or in a foreign country Offers are not theme-based and all mathematical and computer science disciplines are welcome. The selection will be based on excellence in scientific accomplishment and the quality of the scientific project. Interactions between mathematics and computer science will be closely examined.
- The scientific project must have been written up together with a member of either IMT or IRIT or both institutes.
- The CIMI LabEX applies an equal opportunity policy in recruitment.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Positions are open to holders of a doctorate in mathematics or computer science obtained by 30th of September 2017 at the latest either in France or in a foreign country Offers are not theme-based and all mathematical and computer science disciplines are welcome.
English Language Requirement: Since the language of instruction at French universities and colleges is French, applicants are required to prove their level of command of the French language. If they are enrolling in the first or second year of a study program at a university in France, they must prove they have the adequate level of knowledge of French by either passing a language test or by obtaining a degree in French. If they are applying for studies at a Grande École, or they intend to study in the third year of a study program or plan to enrol in a master’s or PhD program, they will have to check the French language requirement with their school in France since it varies depending on the study program. In general, applicants are expected to have a level of command of the French language corresponding to B1/B2 in the European Language Passport.
Test Requirement: Applicants need to clear the following test:
- TCF (Test de connaissance du français – Test of knowledge of French):
- Le TEF (Test d’évaluation de français – French assessment test)
- Degrees in French
- The DELF (Diplôme d’études en langue française – Diploma of French-language studies)
- DALF (Diplôme approfondi de langue française – Advanced diploma in French language).
How to Apply: All applications must be submitted online by 3rd of February 2017 (22H00 Paris time).
Applicants must be able to provide the following documents :
- A curriculum vitae with the list of publications
- A motivation letter
- The proposed scientific project (around 2 pages)
- Two detailed recommendation letters
- Name(s) of the local tutor/scientist(s) at the host institution (member of IMT or IRIT) together with a detailed letter of support