Do you want to become an architect or urban designer? Also, looking for financial aid to support your higher education in Hong Kong? Apply for the International PhD Scholarship in Architectural and Urban Design at the City University of Hong Kong.
The fully-funded PhD program is open to students from all nationalities who have a BS or MS degree in Architecture, Urban Design or closely related fields and wish to gain a higher degree in this fast-growing field.
Wonderful offer to get a PhD fund for architecture and urban design study in Hong Kong.
User Review( vote)
The City University of Hong Kong was established in 1984 and has four schools and five colleges in Hong Kong. As one of eight government-funded degree-granting tertiary institutions, it offers a range of degree programs nationally and globally.
Why at the City University of Hong Kong? CityU is providing and maintaining a high-quality teaching and learning experience strategically and robustly. CityU offers more than 120 scholarships and other academic awards at all degree levels to students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
Application Deadline: December 2, 2019 (12.00.00 GMT +8 hours)
- University: City University of Hong Kong
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong
- Eligible Countries: Applications from all nationalities are acceptable
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Applicants are eligible to pursue a PhD in architecture and urban design
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A BS or MS degree in Architecture, Urban Design or closely related fields (students in the final year of their degree can also apply if they will graduate by August 2020).
- Must have outstanding academic results (including an excellent GPA).
- Must have strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Experience with multidisciplinary projects and various research methods are preferred.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- An outline of the research topics under consideration includes human-friendly design, socially responsible design, user’s experience & design, culture & design, space production, technology in design.
- Eligible candidates should first make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number before submitting applications for PhD admission to City University of Hong Kong.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applicants can apply for the PhD fund opportunity by following the given steps:
- Step 1: Applicants should first submit an initial application at the RGC’s Online Application System (OAS) to obtain an RGC reference number.
- Step 2: Applicants are then required to submit a full application, together with supporting documents, to CityU’s Online Admission System, and quote the RGC reference number.
- Supporting Documents: Applications should include – academic transcripts (in English – official translation accepted), Research proposal, CV and motivation letter, two recommendation letters, and the name of the supervisor: Dr Paulina Neisch, should be specified in the online application form. (They recommend to contact directly to the supervisor, Dr Paulina Neisch at [email protected], before sending an application)
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a BS or MS degree in Architecture, Urban Design or closely related fields.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from an institution where the language of teaching is not English should satisfy the minimum English proficiency requirements: 550 (paper-based test) or 79 (internet-based test) in the TOEFL or an overall band score of 6.5 in the IELTS.
The university will provide all the following:
- A doctoral funding for 4 years ranging from HK$17000 to 25800 per month (around EUR 2000 – 3000 per month).
- Winners will get an international, dynamic and stimulating work environment.