The Universities of Coimbra Group are inviting young researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa for its award program for the academic year 2021-2022.
The main aim of this program is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and help them to establish academic and research contacts.
A valuable study program for Sub-Saharan Africa students.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1985, the Coimbra Group is an association of long-established European multidisciplinary universities of high international standard.
Why should you choose this program? The Coimbra Group is dedicated to creating special academic and cultural ties to promote, for the benefit of its members, internationalization, educational collaboration, excellence in learning and research, and service to society.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020
- University or Organization: The Universities of Coimbra Group
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Domestic
- The prize can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: Current residents in a country of Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award is accessible for the research study program.
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must fulfill all the following criteria:
- The student must be born on or after 1 January 1975
- Applicants must be a resident of Sub-Saharan Africa
- Candidate should be preferable of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be eligible for the grant, students need to take admission in the research program at the following universities. After that, applicants can submit an online application form.
- University of Barcelona
- University of Coimbra
- University of Cologne
- University of Granada
- University of Graz
- University of Groningen
- Jagiellonian University Krakow
- KU Leuven
- University of Montpellier 3 Paul-Valéry
- University of Padova
- University of Pavia
- University of Poitiers
- University of Salamanca
- University of Siena
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must present a copy of the resume, transcripts, letter of motivation, letter of recommendation and all previous necessary mark sheets.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates need to hold their previous degree certificates.
- Language Requirements: In most universities, the language of instruction is that of the country itself, but in many universities, it is possible to use English as the working language.
The award will be dispersed in the following manner:
- University of Barcelona: 1,500€ per month
- University of Coimbra: 750 € per month + 1,100 € of travel support
- University of Cologne: 1000 € per month + travel expenses up to 1000 €
- University of Granada: 700€ per month + health insurance + travel expenses up to 800€
- University of Graz: 1.000 EUR per month + Travel expenses: 600 EUR
- University of Groningen: 1250 € per month + travel costs up to 1250 € + health insurance
- Jagiellonian University Krakow: 1500 € per month
- KU Leuven: 3200 euro to cover all costs
- University of Montpellier 3 Paul-Valéry: 2000 € for 1 month or 3200 € for 2 months
- University of Padova: 1 month: 2000€, 2 months: 2800€, 3 months: 3600€
- University of Pavia: – € 150 per week +board and accommodation at a university student residence+travel costs + the health insurance policy
- University of Poitiers: €1000 + travel expenses up to €700
- University of Salamanca: The University will provide accommodation and food
- University of Siena: 1,000.00 €/month (250.00 Euro/week); free board and lodging.