The Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, grants two scholarships to a highly qualified applicant in the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics. The scholarship includes direct coverage of tuition fees for the academic years 2018/2019 and 2019/2020.
The Charles University, known also as Charles University in Prague or historically as the University of Prague, is the oldest and largest university in Czechia. Founded in 1348, it was the first university in Central Europe.
Applicants must have sufficient command of the English language; this can be demonstrated by providing your results in one of the standardized English tests that University recognize.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Computer Science.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship includes direct coverage of tuition fees for the academic years 2018/2019 and 2019/2020, which amounts to 84 000 CZK (around 3 240 EUR) per academic year for students from the EU, and 140 000 CZK (around 5 400 EUR) per academic year for students outside the EU), and a contribution to living expenses of 110 000 CZK (around 4250 EUR) per academic year, plus a contribution to travel expenses up to 400 EUR. Payment details are described in the Scholarship Award Agreement.
- Number of Scholarships: There are two scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Czech Republic
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: To apply for Mathematics or Computer Science Master’s programmes given in English you must:
Hold or be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma and provide a certified copy thereof; in cases required by law, a certification of equivalence of education must accompany the application,
Have sufficient academic background in the relevant fields (see below for details); this can be demonstrated by passing the specialized entrance examination in June 2018 in Prague that is organized by the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, or by providing transcripts (academic records) of your previous education accompanied by syllabi of the completed courses; promising students who do not have this background may be admitted with the provision that they complete the missing Bachelor’s courses,
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient command of the English language; this can be demonstrated by providing your results in one of the standardized English tests that University recognize.
To apply for the CLS, you have to apply for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics using the Student Information System of the Charles University, and accompany your application with the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Motivation letter;
- List of publications (if applicable);
- Transcript(s) of records;
- Photocopy of university diploma (if applicable);
- Application for the CLS (no prescribed form);
- Two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or employer.
All these documents must be written in or translated into English. Documents under (i)-(v) should be uploaded (preferred format of documents is pdf) to the Student Information System of the University, see the previous paragraph.
How to Apply:
The CLS application and the letters of recommendation should be sent via email. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that the letters of recommendation are sent by the deadline for submitting the application.