Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is offering free online course on Corporate Finance. This business and management course will introduce you to the role of corporate finance in an organization and the tools used to evaluate investment proposals.
In this 5 week course, applicants will learn the ideas, concepts and tools managers use to make the right financial decisions. This Course will start on August 16, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Business and Management
Institution: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $150
Session: Course Starts on August 16, 2018
The Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is one of the top management schools in India. We build leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education.
We are known for excellence in both teaching and research, and our alumni are leaders in business, government and civil society across the globe. We collaborate with over a hundred leading management schools in several countries on research initiatives and student and faculty exchange programs. The Financial Times has rated our doctoral program in the top fifty globally. Eduniversal, Paris, has ranked us the best business school in Central Asia.
About This Course
Business organizations are constantly engaged in financial decision-making related to financial planning, investments, capital purchases, etc. The right financial decisions play a critical role in maximizing an organization‡s business value.
- How do we value assets?
- What is a good investment?
- Does a project create value?
Why Take This Course?
The course will cover commonly used tools and techniques that help managers make decisions that create value for their organizations such as time value of money, opportunity cost, net present value and internal rate of return.
- The role of corporate finance in an organization
- The role of financial markets in financing firms and individual‡s need for funds
- Capital budgeting tools such as payback period, internal rate of return and net present value used in evaluating investments
Ashok is Associate Professor of Finance at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore. He received his Ph.D. from Krannert Graduate School of Management, Purdue University.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant signs up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)