Do you want to pursue a PhD degree in Australia? The process of earning a PhD is can be challenging. If you do not have sufficient funding to do it, apply for Morris Family Foundation PhD Scholarship at CQUniversity Australia.
The program is open to both future/first-year domestic and international students to conduct research on the topic of the integration of indigenous experiences/places/people into tourism.
Its a valuable offer for students to get research support in Australia.
User Review( votes)
CQUniversity is ranking in the top 600 universities in the world. As Australia’s most accessible, encouraging, and engaged university, CQU has earned global recognition for innovative teaching and research excellence.
Why at CQUniversity Australia? It provides world-class education and research opportunities for students across Australia and internationally. As Australia’s largest regional university, it offers many certificates, diplomas and degrees nationally and globally.
Application Deadline: 01 January 2020
- University or Organization: CQUniversity Australia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate (Research)
- Award: Total $92,318 for three years and an additional $10,000 research support grant
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: One
- Nationality: Australian, International, and New Zealand Citizen
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, International, and New Zealand Citizen
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The grant will be awarded for Postgraduate (Research) in any subject offered by the university. It is presumed that the research activities will be conducted mostly in North Queensland, Australia.
- Admissible Criteria: the applicants must meet eligibility requirements to be eligible:
- Candidates must have an approval to enrol in a Doctor of Philosophy at CQUniversity.
- Prospective applicants should consult the Research Higher Degrees Course Rules Policy and Procedure for further information about eligibility requirements for admission to CQUniversity.
- Both domestic and international students are eligible to apply, however international students will need to meet immigration financial requirements or have already secured a scholarship to cover tuition fee (at international rate) from an outside funding agency and will need to provide documentary evidence into that effect with the application to be considered.
- The candidate must be a full-time student to be based either at Cairns (preferable) or Townsville campus.
- The candidate must not be receiving income from another source to support general living costs while undertaking the course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of the Scholarship stipend rate. Income unrelated to the course of study or income received for the course of study for not the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants are required to submit a complete application to Dr Elena Konovalov ([email protected]). For further information about this award project, applicants are also encouraged to contact Dr Elena Konovalov.
- Supporting Documents: Applications are to include: 1) A letter of motivation describing your skills and research experience with specific responses to the Selection Criteria listed above, 2) A brief research proposal, 3) Your current resume, including certified academic transcripts, and a list of your previous publications and projects, 4) A list of three academic referees together with contact information.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should have a degree in a field such as Tourism, Business, Marketing, and Management or in another field of Social Sciences relevant to the topic of the sponsored PhD research project.
- Language Requirement: If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to provide proof of your English proficiency before you can commence your studies at the CQUniversity.
The CQUniversity Australia will provide a single scholarship for three years totalling $92,318, as per the following schedule:
- $27,018 in 1st Year
- $27,400 in 2nd Year
- $27,900 in 3rd Year
- An additional $10,000 research support grant (over the three years) for research activities is provided.
Note: Recipients will be invited for an interview as part of the selection process. The successful applicant will be conducting his research under the supervision of Prof Bruce Prideaux and Dr Elena Konovalov.