Home » International PhD » CTR Graduate Studentships for UK, EU and Overseas Students at University of Cambridge in UK, 2019

CTR Graduate Studentships for UK, EU and Overseas Students at University of Cambridge in UK, 2019

The Centre for Trophoblast Research is awarding CTR Graduate Studentships in any relevant department within the University or affiliated institutes commencing in October 2019. Studentships are available for UK, EU and overseas students.

The University of Cambridge is one of the world’s oldest universities and leading academic centres. It is made up of over 150 departments, faculties, schools and other institutions.

User Review
0 (0 votes)

Cambridge also has 31 colleges which are independent institutions, each with its own property and income. The Colleges appoint their own staff on their own terms and conditions and are responsible for selecting students, in accordance with University regulations. The teaching of students is shared between the Colleges and University departments. Degrees are awarded by the University.

Scholarship Description

  • Applications Deadline: December 14, 2018
  • Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
  • Study Subject: Studentships are awarded within the Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience.
  • Scholarship Award: This is a fully funded studentship.
  • Nationality: Studentships are available for UK, EU and overseas students.
  • Number of Scholarships: Two studentships are available.
  • Scholarship can be taken in the UK

Eligibility for the Scholarship

Eligible Countries: Studentships are available for UK, EU and overseas students.

Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:

Applicants should hold, or expect to obtain, a first class honours degree in a relevant biological subject. Applicants holding a Masters degree will also be welcome to apply for a 3-year studentship. For overseas students the minimum undergraduate GPA for entrance into the University is 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale), and those for whom English is not their native language should see the Board of Graduate Studies’ guidelines regarding Competence in English. Research students are initially admitted without being registered for a particular degree, and are only registered for the PhD on satisfactory completion of a report at the end of their first year of study.

English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.

Application Procedure

How to Apply: We encourage all applicants to make initial informal enquiries of individual members of the Centre regarding projects on offer at https://www.trophoblast.cam.ac.uk/opportunities/projects. Once you have identified a potential supervisor and project you should make a formal application as follows: Send a curriculum-vitae, a half-page personal statement outlining your motivation for research at the Centre, two confidential academic references in sealed envelopes, and, if possible, a transcript of your undergraduate results by post.

Scholarship Link