Applications are invited for the D. H. Chen Foundation Scholarship for the 2019-20 academic year. Students from Hong Kong are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Launched in 2015, the D. H. Chen Foundation Scholarship aims to nurture future leaders who will bring about positive social impacts through a combination of professional knowledge and personal compassion.
User Review( votes)
The D. H. Chen Foundation is a Hong Kong-based private philanthropic organization founded in 1970 by Dr. Din Hwa Chen, an ardent philanthropist and a devout Buddhist whose vision of supporting community initiatives continues to drive the Foundation’s work to this day. Aspiring to be a role model in engaged philanthropy, the Foundation has been endeavoring to steer innovative, impactful and sustainable initiatives in education, medical research and healthcare and the promotion of Buddhist values to enrich lives.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to undergraduate program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in all subjects in the course listing, except medicine.
Scholarship Award: Course fees and a grant towards living costs. Scholars can also receive up to £2,500 to undertake one internship anywhere in the world during their studies.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 2 scholarships will be available for 2019 entry.
Scholarship can be taken in Hong Kong
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Be permanent residents of Hong Kong;
- Be full-time Year 1 undergraduate student in the academic year 2018-19
- Be studying a UGC-funded undergraduate programme; 4. attain a Year GPA of at least 3.5 out of 4.0 or equivalent in Year 1; and
- Demonstrate leadership, civic-mindedness,
- and commitment to social service.
Nationality: Students from Hong Kong are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply: Information on the Scholarship and its application form can be downloaded from the website of the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.
- You must make an application to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS by 15 October 2018, and be successful in gaining a place
- Details on how to apply for a scholarship for 2019 entry will be made available on this page in January 2019.
- For 2019 entry applicants who apply by the 13 February 2019 scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in March 2019.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2019.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is February 13, 2019.