Curtin University is offering free online course on Human Rights Activism, Advocacy and Change. Students will explore the role of social movements, advocacy groups and different forms of activism in bringing about change.
In this twelve week course, applicants will learn about the role of social movements, advocacy groups and activism in bringing about social change. This course will start on July 31, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 12 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Social Sciences
Institution: Curtin University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $300
Session: Course Starts on July 31, 2017
Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest and most culturally diverse university, with more than 53,000 students from over 130 countries. As a world-class, internationally focused institution, Curtin’s mission is to change minds, lives and the world through leadership, innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
About This Course
This course is part of the Human Rights Micro Masters program.
If you take the verified certificate pathway for the three human rights courses you will qualify for the Micro Masters credential.
The Micro Masters credential is an achievement in itself, but if you want to study further, you can use it towards studying a Master of Human Rights at Curtin.
Why Take This Course?
In all societies, advocates and activists play an important role in ensuring that human rights are respected, protected and promoted.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe and critique a range of social movements and advocacy and activist campaigns
- Critically evaluate human rights activist and advocacy campaigns using social movement theories and concepts
Dr. Caroline Fleay
Caroline Fleay has been with the Centre for Human Rights Education since 2007. In addition to teaching in universities in Australia, the United Kingdom and France, she has been involved with a range of community groups providing support and advocacy for human rights issues including women’s rights and the rights of people seeking asylum.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)