To provide support and encourage students experiencing war in Ukraine to continue their education, the DAAD German Academic Exchange Service has established the Master’s Scholarship Programme at the University of Göttingen for the academic year 2022-2023.
This is a two-year scholarship, where in expenses of 4 semesters, completed in 2 years of the MSc Developmental Economics at the University of Göttingen will be covered. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in economics or similar and a 6.5 IELTS English language proficiency are ideal candidates for this scholarship.
Great offer for Ukraine students in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The University of Göttingen is an internationally important research university with a long tradition that was founded in 1737 in the Age of Enlightenment. It currently ranks 149th Best Global Universities and is committed to the values of social responsibility of science, democracy, tolerance and justice.
Why choose to study at the University of Göttingen? The University of Göttingen offers a comprehensive range of subjects across 13 faculties, and its academics working therein strives to serve peace in the world through research and teaching. It is a science location for international cutting-edge research and innovative potential.
Application Deadline: The application period is from 1st October to 15th November of the year prior to the year of planned study, which here is 2022.
- University or Organization: DAAD German Academic Exchange Service and the Georg-August- University of Göttingen
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Ukraine and other international countries
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Students from Ukraine and countries that are on the DAC List are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a Master of Science in Development Economics
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be students from Ukraine fleeing the war to continue/complete their studies in any development-related postgraduate programme.
- The applicants must have a sound knowledge of economics.
- The applicants must have an interest and experience in development economics issues.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to log in to the university portal to submit their admission applications. To apply for the scholarship, students must complete the DAAD EPOS application form that can be downloaded from the DAAD Website.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- University degree certificate
- Transcript of records
- Letter of motivation
- APS certification
- Official course descriptions
- Certificates of Employment
- Employer’s letter of reference
- Academic letter of reference
- Signed DAAD EPOS application form
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree (or comparable) in economics or a closely related field with at least one-third of overall subjects of the program taken in strictly economic courses with an equivalent of at least 12 ECTS (typically at least 2-3 courses) in mathematics or statistics.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 110
- IELTS – 6.5
The University of Göttingen will provide a tuition fee to the successful candidates.