Applicants are invited to apply for DAAD P.R.I.M.E. funding programme i.e. Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience (P.R.I.M.E.). Funding is available for outstanding postdoctoral researchers from all disciplines and nationalities.
DAAD support measures and the possibility of continuous coordination with the German host institution shall ensure an efficient reintegration following the research stay abroad.
A fine program for students.
User Review( votes)
The DAAD is the world’s largest funding organisation for the international exchange of students and researchers. A brief look back at history shows that the DAAD has a long tradition of uniting people and academia.
- Course Level: Funding is available for postdoctoral researchers.
- Study Subject(s): Funding is provided in all disciplines.
- Award: Funding is provided through an 18-month temporary job position at the selected German university.
- The award can be taken in Germany and Abroad
To be eligible:
- Applications may be made by persons of all nationalities.
- Applications may be submitted before completion of the PhD.
- Appropriate host institutions in Germany and abroad must have been identified at the time of application.
- The host institution in Germany has to be a university.
- The German host university must confirm in writing that the postdoc will be employed for the whole funding period, should the application be successful.
- The foreign host institution shall be selected according to the scientific preferences/needs of the applicant and the research project. It can be a university, a non-university research institute, or an industrial research entity. It must be willing to support the postdoc in the realization of her/his research project.
- The starting date of the fellowship must be between 1 January 2018 and 1 May 2018. A postponement is only possible under exceptional circumstances (e.g. pregnancy, motherhood, parental leave) and has to be approved by DAAD.
- The “Rules of good scientific practice” and the ethical guidelines of the programme must be accepted.
- The reintegration phase is mandatory
Nationality: Researchers of all nationalities can apply for this DAAD funding programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Once the application form has been completed, all other application documents (except the letters of recommendation) can be uploaded. All documents for upload must be in pdf format. If not stated otherwise, all documents must be submitted in English as the selection process will be conducted by an international commission.
- Entrance Requirement: Applications may be submitted before completion of the PhD. The PhD must, however, be completed before the start of the funding period.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2019