Applications are invited for DAAD scholarships that offer graduates the opportunity to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study.
The aim of The grant is to provide financial help to foreign graduates. Foreign students are eligible to apply for this application program.
Fab Choice for international students.
User Review( votes)
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international student’s und researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind.
They also promote internationalization efforts at German universities, help developing countries build their own systems of higher education, and support German Studies and German language programs abroad.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2020
- University or Organization: DAAD
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate Students
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Foreign students
- The program can be taken in Germany
- Foreign students are eligible to apply for this application program.
- Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the areas of Architecture, Interior Design, Monument Conservation, Urban Planning/Urban Development, Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. You are also required to send additional documents by post to the specified application address. The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Certificates, proof of credits, certifications, CV, and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. DAAD’s Head Office in Bonn will only request certified copies of the submitted documents in paper form if a grant is awarded!
- Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Monthly payment of 850 euros
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family
To enable scholarship holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for the online language course “Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)” for six months after receipt of the Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a language course is compulsory if the language of instruction or working language is German at the German host institution.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the program period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period.
- As an alternative to the TestDaF for scholarship holders who have taken a language course beforehand: the fee for a DSH examination taken during the program period may be reimbursed.