Are looking for a way to gain higher education in Germany? Would you like to apply for a DAAD scholarship? With DAAD Study Scholarships, international applicants have a chance to achieve their educational goals. The programme is open to promoting the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
This scholarship programme offers applicants the opportunity to continue their studies in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study in the fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film.
DAAD Study Scholarships - Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film
Nice chance to apply for postgraduate studies with DAAD Study Scholarships in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The DAAD is one of the most important funding organizations in the world for the international exchange of students and researchers. The motto of the DAAD is “Change by Exchange”. Know as a German higher education institution, it is an independent organization devoted to internationalizing the academic system
Why study in Germany? In Germany, students have an opportunity to receive free tuition or very low fees for education in most universities. By deciding to study in Germany, students can be sure to get an education that is well above the worldwide average, which will come in very valuable when considering a job after graduation. A lot of German universities rank among the best in the world. Unlike in any other country, in Germany students will find many worldwide-ranked universities, and countless courses to choose from for a successful career.
Application Deadline: 30 November 2022. The deadline may change according to the country.
- University or Organization: DAAD
- Department: Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Around 173 countries are eligible: Afghanistan, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China PR, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Eswatani, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong (CN), Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, the Republic of, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao (CN), Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Republic of, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic (Syria), Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for postgraduate study courses in the fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following:
- As a rule, applicants’ university degrees should not date back more than 6 years at the time of the application deadline.
- The application cannot be considered if you have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline.
- Applicants in the fields of Fine Art, Film, Design, Visual Communication and Film should have knowledge of the language of instruction which corresponds to the requirements of the chosen university at the latest by the time they start their scholarship.
- All applicants can apply if they have gained a first university degree in the fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
- There is usually no fixed age limit
How to Apply
Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal.
- How to Apply: To apply for the program, applicants will need to complete an online application form, full curriculum vitae in tabular form, and submit a statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany. If available then submit a letter of acceptance from the host university.
- Supporting Documents: Also for all applicants: A current Transcript of Records with individual grades, University degree certificate indicating final grades, Full curriculum vitae in tabular form, letter of motivation- 1 to 3 pages, Proof of German language proficiency, Proof of English language proficiency, A list of all work that has been cited as samples, and Letter of acceptance from the host university if available.
- Admission Requirements: Submit work samples to the DAAD media database: If a review of the applicant‡s grant submission reveals that it meets the standards for the award declaration and is complete, they will receive a link to upload their work sample to the DAAD Media database by December 15 at the latest. When they receive the link, upload work samples to the media database by 10 January CET at the latest.
- Language Requirement: English language proficiency according to the requirements of the chosen study programme in English (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS). The language certificate should be no more than two years old.
The DAAD does not cover tuition fees, but will provide all the following:
- Monthly payment of 861 euros
- Travel allowance and one-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy and monthly allowance for accompanying members of family.
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
- Green Mobility Top Up (Support for climate-friendly travel) or partial reimbursement of carbon offset payments for air travel