Indonesian Government is offering the Darmasiswa Indonesian program for international students in 2020/2021 academic year. These opportunities are available for one year non-degree programme in selected Indonesian higher institutions.
The main purpose of this program is to increase and foster interest in Bahasa Indonesia and Indonesian culture among citizens from other countries.
User Review( votes)
The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Brussels was established in 1950, following the recognition of Indonesia’s independence by Belgium in 1949. The Mission of the Republic of Indonesia to the European Community was officially established on 18 August 1990 with the enactment of Decree of the President of the Republic of Indonesia Number 35 of 1990.
- Application Deadline: March 2, 2020
- Course Level: award is awarded to study Bahasa Indonesia, Arts, Crafts and particular subject in 74 selected Indonesian Higher Education Institutions in different cities in Indonesia.
- Study Subject: award is available for one year non-degree programme in selected Indonesian higher institutions.
- Students monthly stipend will be divided into 2 groups of the area- Area 1 Rp. 2.950.000,- (Batam, Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Denpasar, Makassar, Manado), Area 2 Rp. 2.550.000,- (Aceh, Padang, Palembang, Purwokerto, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surakarta, Malang, Samarinda)
- Students will be provided with accommodation and transportation during the Orientation Program if time arrival in time with the schedule from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students will get a settlement allowance when attending the Orientation Program.
- Students legal permit arrangement with the help of the Host University will be supported by the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students may seek assistance from Host University in finding a house/room to rent which is included in monthly stipend
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: Foreign students
- The award can be taken in Indonesia
- Eligible Countries: Foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia can apply for this Darmasiswa scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: Each student has to fulfil these following requirements:
- Preferably Student.
- Completed secondary education or it’s equivalent.
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age.
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia(Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate: TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable)
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate.
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must submit an online application.
Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit all necessary documents mentioned above:
- Curriculum vitae/resume;
- Medical certificate;
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival: 1st August 2017)
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English);
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English);
- Language certificate (if applicable);
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable);
- Writing essay about the purpose of study (in English or Bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words).
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia(Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate: TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable).