Davidson College is offering free online course on Medical Genomics 101. This course has been created in joint partnership with the Charlotte AHEC.
In this one week course, applicant will learn key genomics concepts and how they influence health and health care. Physicians, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners can earn 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 1 week
Effort: 2 hours pw
Institution: Davidson College and edx
Davidson College provides one of the nation‡s most intellectually rigorous undergraduate experiences. Davidson‡s renowned faculty and innovative transdisciplinary programs have earned the college distinction as one of the most research-active liberal arts institutions in the country, as well as consistent national recognition for overall quality, faculty-student research collaboration, and teaching.
About This Course
This medical course includes six modules which cover various areas of medical genomics including:
- Introduction to Genomics
- in vitro (IVF) and Fetal medicine
Why Take This Course?
Each module defines common terms, shows examples of data, and how healthcare is changing due to genomic insights. Each module also contains ethical, legal, and social implications of genomics in medical treatment. All modules contain five multiple choice questions to assess learning gains.
- Genomics terminology
- Theoretical examples
- Clinical examples
- Ethical, legal and social implications
- Malcolm Campbell
- Malcolm Campbell teaches “Genomics, Proteomics and Systems Biology” and “Laboratory Methods in Genomics” at Davidson College, NC.
- Bachelor‡s degree or higher
- Intended for working healthcare providers
- DNA to RNA to protein (undergraduate)
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)