Deakin University is offering free online course on Demystifying Diabetes. This course is targeted at people wanting to understand the causes, types and treatment of diabetes and health professionals wanting to reduce the prevalence and impact of diabetes.
The overall objective of this course is to explore the latest research with experienced clinicians to understand the causes, types and treatments of diabetes. The course will start on March 6, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Demystifying Diabetes
Institution: Deakin University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on March 6, 2017
Deakin University offers a brilliant education where students are and where they want to go – in their lives and in their careers. Deakin is Australia’s eighth largest university with over 53 000 students from more than 100 countries, with one quarter choosing to study wholly online at our Cloud Campus.
About This Course
Diabetes is recognised as the world’s fastest growing chronic condition, with an estimated 422 million people living with diabetes worldwide in 2015.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
Deakin University has been providing education to prepare diabetes educators for over 20 years and teaches the largest course of its kind in Australia.
This course is targeted at:
- People wanting to understand the causes, types and treatment of diabetes
- Health professionals wanting to reduce the prevalence and impact of diabetes.
Cath is a clinical nurse specialist in diabetes with a special interest in diabetes in pregnancy. She is committed to quality clinical care and preparing future diabetes educators.
Dr Rhonda Brown is an experienced clinician and academic with extensive experience in community and mental health nursing. She also co-ordinates Diabetes Education at Deakin University.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).