The Delft University of Technology is offering free online course on Solar Energy: Photovoltaic (PV) Technologies. This course requires bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering and/or the successful completion of PV1x (or firm grasp of its content).
In this eleven week course, applicants will explore the main PV technologies in the current market. Get in-depth knowledge on the design and processing methods of solar cells. This course will start on September 5, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 11 weeks
Effort: 10 hours pw
Institution: Delft University of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $250
Session: Course Starts on September 5, 2017
Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges.
About This Course
The technologies used to produce solar cells and photovoltaic modules are advancing to deliver highly efficient and flexible solar panels. In this course you will explore the main PV technologies in the current market.
Why Take This Course?
This course is part of the Solar Energy Engineering MicroMasters Program designed to cover all physics and engineering aspects of photovoltaics: photovoltaic energy conversion, technologies and systems.
- Design concepts and fabrication processes of various photovoltaic technologies
- In-depth knowledge on the entire crystalline silicon solar cell landscape including:
- Market-leading polycrystalline based cells
- High efficiency/cutting edge monocrystalline based solar cells
- Technologies of thin film solar cells, like CIGS, CdTe, thin-film silicon, Perovskites
- III/V semiconductor based solar cells for concentrated PV and space applications
Dr. Arno H.M. Smets is Professor in Solar Energy in the Photovoltaics Material and Devices group at the faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science, Delft University of Technology.
Professor Miro Zeman is the head of the Electrical Sustainable Energy department at the TU Delft faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science.
Rene van Swaaij
Dr. Rene van Swaaij is associate professor in the Photovoltaic’s Material and Devices group at the TU Delft faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science. He is the programme director of the master programme Sustainable Energy Technology.
Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering and/or the successful completion of PV1x (or firm grasp of its content).
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)