The Anita Borg Institute for women and Technology is inviting high-potential applicants for its Emerging Leader Abie Award for the academic year 2021-2022.
This award will be presented each year to a junior tenure-track faculty member under the age of 40 at an academic or research institution.
Nice opportunity for candidates to educational fund.
User Review( votes)
The program is available to those applicants who are pursuing high-quality research in any field of engineering or physical sciences.
Study Subject: Engineering or Physical Sciences
Employer: Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology.
The program can be taken in the USA
- This award is open to junior, non-tenured faculty members under 40 years old.
- Pursuing high-quality research in any field of engineering or physical sciences
- Demonstrating a significant leadership capability
- Contributing significantly to promote diversity in their environment
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates have to fill the application form with required documents such as:
- Supporting Documents: Two letters of reference from professional contacts of the nominee
- Endorsers should be chosen to represent a range of perspectives and institutions, and provide additional insights or evidence of the candidate’s impact. Each letter should focus on the accomplishments which that endorser can attest to and place in context.
- The nominee’s biography (maximum of 500 words)
- A two to three-page statement of merit from the nominator
- The nominee’s CV or resume
- Landscape orientation high-resolution photograph of the nominee (minimum of 5MB JPG)
- Recipients of the Emerging Leader Abie Award are honored by the technical women’s community at Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) and invited to give a presentation on their work and accomplishments at the Celebration.
- Winners receive an all-expense-paid trip to GHC.
- The award includes a cash prize of $10,000.
application Deadline: Open