The Department of Physics, Faculty of Science at the University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD award in condensed matter theory. April 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter. The project will be funded by a grant from the Danish Independent Research Council.
The position is aimed at theoretical studies of magnetic and superconducting systems including cuprates, iron-based superconductors, and topological superconductors.
User Review( votes)
- Applications Deadline: 27 December 2018
- Study Subject(s): award is awarded in Condensed Matter Theory.
- Course Level: award is available for PhD programme.
- Scholarship Award: The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 305,291 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 42,171). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
- Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The students of Denmark can apply for these endowments.
Eligibility: –A master’s degree related to the subject area of the project
-The grade point average achieved
-Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD programme
-Relevant work experience
-Other professional activities
-Marks obtained during the first year of study on the master programme (only relevant for applicants applying for a 4-year scholarship)
How to Apply: The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW. Please include
• Cover Letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for and detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
• Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
• Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any),
• Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees
• Documentation of English language qualifications, cf. general rules and guidelines, p. 5