The UK Department for International Development has a partnership with the World Bank and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees are granting the Young Fellowship Program.
There are Up to 10 awards available to all postdoctoral scholars of a low- or middle-income country who are interested in research on forced displacement.
Nice opportunity for aspirants from a low- or middle-income country to study in South Africa.
User Review( votes)
The first cycle of the Young Fellows program was launched in June 2018. The objective of the program is to improve the wellbeing of the forcibly displaced and of host communities by improving global knowledge on the effectiveness of policies and programs that target these populations.
Why should apply to this program? While joining this program youngster will increase their thinking level as well as developing their personality and communication skills which will help them in communicating with people in the future.
Application Deadline: March 6, 2020
- Organization:Department for International Development (DFID)
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 10
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: Citizen of a low- or middle-income country as defined by the World Bank
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A completed PhD in Social Sciences by June 30th, 2020 (Economics, Statistics, Politics,
- Sociology, etc);
- Strong quantitative skills (Statistics, Econometrics, Machine Learning, Impact evaluations skills);
- 35 years of age or below by December 31st, 2020;
- Citizen of a low- or middle-income country as defined by the World Bank;
- A proven interest in forced displacement issues.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the grant, applicants need to take part in a research program. After that, they should apply for this wonderful opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: Please submit Curriculum Vitae with a cover page via email to [email protected] The cover page should include the following information in this order:
- Family name, Name
- Contacts (Email and telephone)
- Nationality (include multiple nationalities if applicable)
- Age on December 31st, 2020
- PhD year, university, title and discipline (Economics, Statistics, Politics, Sociology, etc)
- Full reference of the top 3 publications (if any)
- Statement of interest (400 words max)
- Forced displacement experiences (400 words max)
- Proposed research topic (if any)
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The World Bank will provide one return ticket in economy class between the home country and the location of the consultancy. The award amount of this grant is depending on according to the program.