The new “DLR – DAAD Research Fellowships” are now available on offer in the fields of Space, Aeronautics, Energy and Transportation Research. Non-German applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The German Aerospace Center (DLR) is the national aeronautics and space research center of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its extensive research and development work in aeronautics, space, energy, transport, digitalization, and security is integrated into national and international cooperative ventures.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic co-operation.
University or Organization: The German Aerospace Center
Course Level: Pursue research
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Non-German applicants
The program can be taken in Germany
Application Deadline: Closed
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
Required Qualification: The candidate should have a strong background in mapping archaeological sites by using GIS and remote sensing technology. A high level of publications in international journals and conferences is expected.
Advantageous Skills: Good knowledge about mapping landscape deformation and assessing types and changes of landform.
At the time of their application, applicants for a DLR-DAAD Fellowship must
- be able to prove their outstanding study or research achievements,
- Type A: have completed their studies or research with a university degree,
- Type B: have completed their studies with a doctorate/Ph.D./Candidate (Russia),
- Type C: Applicants must be working in higher education or at a research institute; positions are open to outstandingly-qualified academics and scientists who should generally hold a doctorate/ Ph.D.,
- have an excellent knowledge of English, please provide evidence of this through the submission of appropriate language certificates (e.g. TOEFL: 550/217); a knowledge of German is advantageous,
- have completed their last degree in the last six years (Type A) or have completed their doctorate in the last two years (Type B) or assessed individually according to prerequisites (Type C),
- Not be of German nationality.
Nationality: Non-German applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD online portal. You are also requested to send the “Application summary” (pdf file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, by email to dlr-daad-program-at-daad.de. Furthermore, your referees should send the hard copies of the letters of recommendation to the application address by post
- Admission Requirements: The candidate should have a strong background in mapping archaeological sites by using GIS and remote sensing technology.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must have an excellent knowledge of English, please provide evidence of this through the submission of appropriate language certificates (e.g. TOEFL: 550/217); a knowledge of German is advantageous.
Benefit: Fellowship Value
|Type||Monthly Installment||Possible Additional Payments|
(plus an allowance for materials of 102 Euros)
|e.g. flat-rate travel allowance, health insurance, family allowances|