The Social Science Research Council is providing Next Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Dissertation Completion Fellowship to African applicants. The fellowship is awarded in the field of social science.
The aim of the fellowship is to encourage innovative research on peace, security, and development topics, moving the boundaries of scholarship and research by exploring concrete linkages between these themes.
A valuable opportunity or applicants of Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda.
User Review( votes)
The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) is a U.S.-based independent nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing research in the social sciences and related disciplines.
- Application Deadline: 10 January 2020.
- Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue the doctoral degree.
- Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the field of social science.
- Scholarship Award: The doctoral dissertation completion fellowship supports a one-year leave from teaching responsibilities and a stipend up to US$15,000 to permit the completion of a dissertation that advances research on peace, security, and development topics.
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
- Nationality: Applicants of Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda
- Scholarship can be taken in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda are eligible for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: All applicants must:
- be citizens of and reside in a sub-Saharan African country
- hold a master’s degree
- be enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited university in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda
- be in the final year of writing and have completed at least one dissertation chapter
As of May 2015, the program prioritizes applicants holding a faculty position or demonstrating a durable commitment to higher education, but does not restrict eligibility to such individuals.
The program seeks to promote diversity and encourages women to apply.
How to Apply: All applications must be submitted using the online application portal. Strong proposals will offer clear and concise descriptions of the project and its significance. Proposals should display a thorough knowledge of the relevant social science literature that applicants will engage and the methodologies relevant to the project. In addition, applicants must demonstrate that all proposed activities are feasible and can be completed in a timely manner.