The University of Bern is offering up to 15 doctoral positions for upcoming international scholars. Positions are available for students who have completed all of their studies-to-date outside of Switzerland and achieved outstanding grades in their master’s degree.
Positions are available pursuing the doctoral program. The aim of holders is to commence and complete your doctoral studies at the University of Bern. All of your academic qualifications to date have been obtained outside of Switzerland, and you have achieved outstanding grades.
Exceptional chance to study at the University of Bern.
User Review( votes)
The University of Bern is a university in the Swiss capital of Bern and was founded in 1834. It is regulated and financed by the Canton of Bern
For admission at the doctoral level, students must
- Hold a master’s degree or a licentiate from a Swiss university or Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, or an equivalent university degree and
- Applicants must also fulfill any other requirements set out by the relevant faculty or graduate school (e.g. specific average grades or a specific result in your master’s degree, licentiate, diploma or state exams).
- Positions are open to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Further training qualifications (Master of Advanced Studies, Executive Master) and degrees from a university of applied sciences or a university of teacher education are not accepted for admission to doctoral studies.
- International candidates can apply for these doctoral positions.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, the applicants must email their application including any related documents as one pdf to link.fehrenbach-at-entwicklung.unibe.ch. Supporting documents.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, learners must be ready to submit the Application form, Copy of your ID, Cover letter, CV, Copies of academic qualifications, Certification from, Certificates for relevant language skills, Confirmation from, A letter from your supervisor stating.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have completed all of their studies-to-date outside of Switzerland and achieved outstanding grades in their master’s degree.
- Language Requirement: In order to be eligible applicants must be able to speak and understand English to a level sufficient to function in a research role.
The positions are limited to three years and must commence before the 1st of January 2018. Payment is according to the regulations of the Swiss National Fund (SNF). A prerequisite for the application process, however, is that a doctoral supervisor from the University of Bern is prepared to cover 50% of the wages for the 3 year period.
Application Deadline: Closed