The Department of Electronics ICT in the Faculty of Applied Engineering is looking for applicants to apply for the Doctoral Scholarships in Near-Sensor Neural Networks. Applications for this scholarship can be made for the academic year 2022-2023.
The educational award assists highly motivated students who want to study for a doctoral degree programme at the university. You will work actively on the preparation and defense of a PhD thesis on neural networks with on-device adaptation and learning capabilities, using lightweight online learning frameworks.
Great offer for applicants in the Belgium.
User Review( votes)
The University of Antwerp is a major Belgium university located in Antwerp. The official abbreviation is UA, but Antwerpen is more recently used. The University of Antwerp has about 20,000 students, making it the third-largest university in Flanders. It was founded in 2003 after the merger of three smaller universities. The University of Antwerp has 30 academic bachelor’s programs, 69 master’s programs, 20 master-after-master programs and 22 postgraduates.
Why choose to study at the University of Antwerp? First, the country’s excellent quality of education is an obvious reason to study in Belgium. Historically, Belgian cities like Brussels, Antwerp and Bruges played important roles in academic advancements, and this tradition is today in the country’s world-renowned universities. The University of Antwerp is ranked 143 among World Universities. You receive high-quality education and personal guidance from professors and academic staff.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 18 August 2022 (by midnight Brussels time).
- University or Organization: University of Antwerp
- Department: Department of Electronics ICT
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree in the field of near-sensor neural networks offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competencies are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity, and cooperation.
- The machine learning experience is a must. Knowledge of Spiking and Binary Neural Networks is a plus.
- You have experience with TensorFlow or PyTorch. TinyMCE is a plus.
- You have excellent programming skills (Python, C++, C).
- You have experience with programming for embedded devices (Embedded C). FPGA and HDL (Verilog, VHDL) experience is a plus.
- Having experience with participating in national and/or international research projects is an advantage.
- You are a team player and have strong communication skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply for this scholarship through the University of Antwerp’s online application. After that, if you have any questions about the job, please contact Philippe Reiter, post-doctoral researcher, [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must be attached attachments a motivation letter and their academic CV.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants hold a Master’s degree in (Applied) Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Informatics, Physics, or equivalent, or you will have obtained it by the time you start working.
- Language Requirement: Excellent interpersonal writing and speaking capabilities in English. Your English is fluent, both speaking and writing.
The University of Antwerp will provide a salary package to the successful candidates for two years.Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff.