Highly motivated students from developing countries are invited to apply for the doctoral Scholarships. This funding program is organized by Ghent University for the academic year 2020/21.
The educational award is open for PhD students from developing countries who wish to carry out half of their PhD research at Ghent University and half in a university in a developing country.
Nice opportunity for international students to study a PhD degree.
User Review( votes)
Ghent University is one of the major research universities in Belgium. The university aims to grow into excellent research centres by upgrading local academic personnel. It offers facilities for start-up technology companies and conducts sustainability research.
Why at Ghent University? By joining this university, students will develop the ability to work independently, improve their research skills and enhance other study skills such as critical reading and project work.
Application Deadline: February 4, 2020
- University or Organization: Ghent University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: €8000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: Students from Developing Countries are eligible to apply for this application.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The doctoral students will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates need to come from – and have the nationality of – a developing country
- This funding is only open for students who intend to obtain a (joint ) PhD degree at Ghent University
- The proposals must be jointly submitted by a candidate, a promoter (supervisor) at Ghent University and a supervisor at the partner university.
- No restrictions are imposed on the field of research, nevertheless, preference will be given to topics that are relevant for development.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To get involved in this program, you need to take admission in doctoral degree coursework at the university. After being enrolled at the university, they will complete the Application form 2020 and send with all documents via email to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: a Legalized copy of your diplomas, records of study results and documents that prove the study results of the candidate and many others must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: All international PhD candidates need to complete an admission procedure during which the academic aspects (equivalence of your degree, research proposal, and language skills) will be evaluated.
- Benefits: Students receives a bench fee of €310/per month of research in Ghent + €8000 travel budget to cover (part of) the operational costs, as well as part of the travelling costs.