Heidelberg University is launching the GPTS Doctoral Scholarships Program for dedicated researchers. Under this program, applicants will get considerable monetary and investigate help to attempt supported tasks of research.
Scholars who are pursuing a Ph.D. program are qualified for this fellowship. This funding assistance will provide them a wonderful opportunity for empowering their career.
Prime choice for EU students to do a PhD in Germany.
User Review( votes)
Heidelberg University is an open research college in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Established in 1386 on the guidance of Pope Urban VI, Heidelberg is Germany’s most established college and one of the world’s most established enduring colleges.
Why at Heidelberg University? The HU is a place where global training will be provided for investigating the contemporary monetary, social and political difficulties.
Application Deadline: Check back for the next year in February 2020.
- European (Europe- Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City and Russia) and Asian (Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, North Korea, South Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Philippines, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Yemen) students can apply for these doctoral scholarships.
- Candidates from humanities or social sciences subject area are permitted to apply.
- For being qualified for this grant, applicants must hold an M.A. or equivalent in a discipline of the humanities or social sciences with an above-average grade (at least 1.7, B+, 2+, “magna cum laude”, or equivalent). The degree has to reflect at least four years of study at the university level. Applicants who plan to graduate in the current academic year must provide a university transcript that clearly indicates the progress to degree.
How to Apply
- How to apply: After being enrolled in a research program at the university, applicants are eligible to apply for this award. Applicants have to register and log into the Online Application System of the GPTS. Further guidelines will be available after login. During the application process, the pupil may save their data at any time and return to the online system at a later date. The selection committee shortlists the most promising applicants and invites them to present their projects at a Job Market in Heidelberg. In preparation for the Job Market, the invited applicants may contact suitable supervisors at the Cluster to discuss their proposed projects.
- Supporting Documents: Scholars have to submit these documents- university degree certificates and transcripts of records, contact details of two referees who will be asked to provide letters of recommendation, a proposal for their doctoral project with a working plan, a letter of motivation, and proof of language skills.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission at the university, applicants must hold an M.A. or equivalent in a discipline of the humanities or social sciences with an above-average grade (at least 1.7, B+, 2+, “magna cum laude”, or equivalent).
- Language Requirement: Applicants must prove advanced language skills in English by providing a certificate confirming at least level C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, e.g. a score of 100 in the Internet-based TOEFL or a score of 7.0 in the IELTS.
- Deadline: Deadline of application for this free study has been closed but holders are allowed to be applied for the next academic year.
- Benefit: This program will provide 1.200 EUR/month for a duration of three years.