Applications are invited for DOST-Newton Ph.D. Scholarships jointly funded by the Newton Fund and the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). Filipino Citizens can apply for these Ph.D. Scholarships.
The aim of the DOST-Newton Ph.D. Scholarships is to facilitate the capacity building of individuals, and the building of sustainable, long-lasting links between the UK and the Philippines.
Perfect choice for Filipino Students to get Ph.D. Scholarships.
User Review( votes)
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organization for cultural relations. The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide.
University or Organization: The British Council
Course Level: Ph.D. program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Filipino Citizens
The program can be taken in the UK
Application Deadline: Closed
For an applicant to be considered for the DOST-Newton Ph.D. Scholarship, the applicant must:
- be a Filipino Citizen and must be in the first five years of their research career (measured from the date when the applicant obtained a Master’s degree);
- be a faculty or staff member of a Philippine university or college;
- have a Master’s degree in a related field;
- be in good health, as certified by a licensed medical doctor;
- have no pending criminal/administrative charges or must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law (certification must be obtained from National Bureau of Investigation);
- pass all screening procedures, including formal acceptance to a Ph.D. program in a UK university; and
- Fulfill all the Terms and Conditions of the grant, including a return service obligation.
- The Newton Fund forms part of the UK’s ODA commitment to developing the Philippines, and each project must fall within the following priority areas: Health and life sciences, Improving environmental resilience, Improving energy security, Future cities, Agritech, and Digital, innovation, and creativity.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a Master’s degree in a related field.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
The Department of Science and Technology will cover the following costs:
- Filipino scholars’ travel, visa, and insurance fees; and Monthly accommodation and living allowance for the duration of the study.
- The Newton Agham Program will cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees at the UK institution; and A grant for consumables and special needs costs (maximum of £3,000 per year).