The National Innovation Foundation (NIF), India, an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India is inviting applicants for its Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards. The awards are exclusively open to Indian Students.
The aim of providing this fund is to invites submissions of creative technological ideas/innovations from the students up to Standard XII for the tenth national competition.
Wonderful chance to get a scholarship for Indian students.
User Review( vote)
National Innovation Foundation (NIF) – India is an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. It was set up in February 2000 at Ahmedabad, Gujarat to provide institutional support for scouting, spawning, sustaining and scaling up the grassroots innovations across the country.
Why should apply to this program? The program gives a great opportunity to students who want to promote originality, creativity and innovative spirit among for becoming a leader of our society. It encouraged candidates to look for other people who solve day-to-day problems using their creativity.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2019
- Eligible Countries: Citizens from India
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Awards are available for an annual national competition.
- Admissible Criteria: As the competition is for students up to Standard XII, the maximum age is expected to be around17-18 years. Those out of school (children), up to the age of 17 years, can also participate.
How to Apply
- There is no particular format for submission. However, the following should be clearly mentioned – name, age, class, school name and address, home address and contact number, title of the project/idea/innovation, detailed description, diagrams/sketches/photos if any and a simple declaration that the project has been done by the student himself/herself without any guidance from teachers/parents.
- If required, they may later request a declaration from school and/or parents that the project of the student has been unsupervised. The submissions for the contest can be made through any of the following means: Email, submit online and Post.
- NIF will provide to and fro train travel supports to the student(s) and only one person accompanying the student(s) from the student’s home location to Ahmedabad.
- Local hospitality will be provided by NIF in Ahmedabad.
- Any other person(s) accompanying the award winner or any other person interested to visit the exhibition would have to bear all their costs (travel/stay/food) themselves.