Applications are invited for Singapore India Joint Research Grants from Indian and Singapore scientists/researchers to submit their proposals for joint research.
The grant is available for those international students who are interested in the research project and wants to know more about the scientistic field.
User Review( votes)
For promoting the new science and technology in India, the Department of Science and Technology established. India is one of the best countries in the whole world in the science field.
Why at this program? Through this program, the applicant gets to know about new things and technologies. They can use it in different ways to develop the country.
Application Deadline: Closed
Participants are suggested to follow the eligibility criteria-
- The applicant can apply for joint research address “Advances in Chemistry, Biology, and Technology for Medicine” in the following sub-areas:
- Stem cells and Regenerative Medicine
- Chemical Biology and Drug Discovery
- Medical and Bioinformatics
- Medical Devices and Nanotechnology
- Indian participants should be scientists/faculty members working in regular capacity in universities/deemed universities, academic institutes and national research and development laboratories/institutes.
- Singapore participants must reside in Singapore and be full-time employed researchers at a public sector research organization in Singapore, including A*STAR research institutions.
- The Letter of Intent (LOIs) must include the names of two Principal Investigators (PIs), one from India and one from Singapore. Co-Investigators may also be included in the application.
- The Principal Investigators (PIs) shall bear full responsibility for the grant, including its technical and administrative coordination as well as scientific and financial reporting.
- Participation of Industry partner(s) from India and Singapore is encouraged. However, Industry partners are expected to meet their own expenditure for participation in the program.
How to Apply
- How to apply: Indian students can apply for this program by submitting their application form via email address: [email protected] and candidates from Singapore can submit their application form via the email address [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Citizens of Singapore must have to submit a copy of passport’s name page as proof of their nationality.
- Admission Requirements: The following general evaluation criteria will apply to each application-
- Conformity with the Program’s aims and designated research fields.
- The capability of research leaders: the research leaders should have the insight, appropriate expertise, the ability to manage the collaboration and achieve goals during the period of support.
- Appropriateness of the project plan: the plan should be realistic in terms of the activities proposed.
- Effect of the activities: The benefits and future joint research likely to accrue from the collaboration, and the wider benefits of the scientific community are important.
- Ongoing research activity: the proposed collaboration should build on, reinforce and add significant value to on-going research activities in each research group.
The award will cover a maximum of Rs. 60, 00,000 per joint project (Rs. 20,00,000) per year to the Indian student and SGD 300,000 per joint project to the Singapore candidate for over three years.