The Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India and Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) are accepting proposals for its Indo-Russian Joint Research Grant to pursue research in the areas of basic sciences.
The aim of the grant is to support Indian and Russian scientists/researchers for Joint Research Project in the areas of basic sciences under DST-RFBR cooperation.
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) is a department within the Ministry of Science and Technology in India. It was established in May 1971 to promote new areas of science and technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organising, coordinating and promoting Scientific and Technological activities in the country.
- Application deadline: December 28, 2017.
- Course Level: Grant is available for scientists / researchers.
- Study Subject: Grant is available in the following areas of basic sciences:
Mathematics, Mechanics and Informatics, Physics and Astronomy, Chemistry, Biology and Medical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Telecommunications and Computer Sciences, Fundamental of Engineering Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: Under this MoU, each project will receive annual funding of up to an equivalent of US $ 20,000 (roughly Rupees 1,200,000/-from DST to the Indian partner and up to Rbls. 600,000/- from RFBR to the Russian partner).
- Nationality: Indian and Russian applicants are eligible to apply for the grant.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of grants is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in India and Russia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from India and Russia are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be a scientists or researchers.
- All applications received by the notified round closing date will undergo a peer review process and then be referred to an independent advisory panel for consideration and ranking.Applications must attain a positive rating to be considered eligible for funding. Joint selection of successful applications by DST and RFBR will be discussed by the respective nodal agencies and informed by the rankings. Decisions are made by the DST-RFBR Joint Committee and will be final. The following criteria will be taken into consideration for selection of proposals:
- The scientific merit of the collaborative research proposal including the potential of the anticipated outcomes to advance the knowledge base of the discipline; and the likely impact of the proposed research. In relation to Bilateral Workshop proposals, the potential of the Bilateral Workshop to generate collaborative research projects of sufficient merit to access support through competitive rounds of the DST-RFBR Cooperation.
- Scientific excellence of the projects.
- Mutual advancement of research through the transfer of knowledge and expertise.
- Participation of young researchers.
- The ability of the teams to successfully complete the project.
How to Apply:
- Indian applicants for funding should submit completed application form and all relevant, clearly labelled attachments in a single email to reach by 5 pm on 28th December 2017. An email acknowledging receipt of the application will be provided to the applicant iwithin7 working days.
- They are also requested to send eight hard copies to DST by 4th January 2018. It should be ensured that application with the identical title has been submitted by his / her Russian counterpart scientist with RFBR by the due date.