Applicants are invited to apply for the Toshiba International Foundation Fellowships to undertake research in Japan for the academic year 2019-20. The fellowships are open to international students in any field of Japanese Studies.
The aim of the European Association for Japanese Studies (EAJS) is stimulating interest in and encouraging research in Japanese studies in all the countries of Europe as well as USA and Japan, promoting the flow of information and communication in this particular field of studies through its triennial international conference, but also through symposia and workshops.
Great opportunity for candidates in Japan.
User Review( votes)
- Course Level: Fellowship is awarded to undertake research in Japan.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in any field of Japanese Studies.
- Award: Three-month stay in Japan to be completed by the end of March 2020. Grantees can expect a fellowship of not more than 7.000 EUR.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Japan
Applicants must be doctoral students, and they should be specializing in any field of Japanese Studies at a European institution.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications must include:
- A curriculum vitae and a brief statement (not more than 300 words) describing the project for which the applicant wishes to pursue their research in Japan. These two documents are to be submitted by the applicant via the online application system.
- A letter of support from the student’s supervisor or advisor must be sent to the EAJS office separately by the advisor on the student’s behalf. It must be printed on university letterhead and display the advisor’s signature. The letter may be sent by post or in PDF format by email.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
- English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Application Deadline: The next application deadline is May 17, 2019