The University of Edinburgh offers 30 Global research scholarships for international students in the 2020-2021 academic session. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these endowments.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of The grants is to attract the best and most motivated people to Edinburgh.
User Review( votes)
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The University’s mission is the creation, dissemination and curation of knowledge.
Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have already applied for admission to a full-time PhD research programme of study. University accepts all of the English language qualifications for entry to the University, including IELTS qualifications from any IELTS test centre.
- Application Deadline: 17 February 2020.
- Course Level: Awards are open to overseas students undertaking a research degree and may be held in any field of study at the University of Edinburgh.
- Study Subject: The studentships are provided in any field of study at the University of Edinburgh.
- Award: Each support will cover the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU postgraduate student and that chargeable to an overseas postgraduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses. Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
- Number of Awards: 30 Edinburgh Global Research financial aid positions will be awarded for session 2020-21.
- Nationality: UK/EU and international students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK/EU and international students can apply for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements:
- The awards are open to overseas nationals commencing a PhD in any field of study in 2020-2021.
- Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have been offered admission to a full-time PhD research programme of study.
- English Language Requirements: All students of every nationality are required to prove their English language competence. Even native speakers of English must demonstrate that they meet our minimum language requirements to gain entry to the University. University accepts all of the English language qualifications for entry to the University, including IELTS qualifications from any IELTS test centre. Applicants who require an IELTS test as part of an application for degree-level studies may take this test at any IELTS centre.